Visa Processing

If you are an American citizen wanting to bring your foreign fiancée to the USA, specifically for the purpose of marriage, then it is recommended to obtain a K1 fiancée visa status. Since the K1 Visa – h1b 签证流程 is complex and lengthy, it is better to avail of the services of highly specialized law firms that can manage the difficult tasks of forms preparation, embassy consultation, consular processing, and other jobs.

Only a US citizen can apply for a fiancée visa. K1 visa – fiancée visa processing involves a series of strict guidelines and there are certain mandatory steps to be taken before it is finally approved. First, a K-1 visa petition is to be filed to the USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) along with the following supporting documents:

– Letter from the U.S. citizen describing your intention to marry

– Valid passport

– Birth certificate

– Certificate from the police authorities at all places one has lived since the age of 16

– Evidence of support

– Photographs

– Medical examination reports from an approved physician

– Divorce or death certificate in connection with previous marriage

After your petition is approved, the USCIS will forward it to the United States Consulate for further processing in the country where your fiancée lives. The United States Consulate will then contact the foreign fiancée to have an interview date scheduled shortly.

The time taken to complete K1 visa – fiancée visa processing normally varies according to individual circumstances and the area in which you live in the US, as well as the country your fiancée resides in. If managed properly, it takes only three to five months to complete the processing. The visa will be issued within a couple of days after the fiancée attends the interview. After the arrival of the foreign fiancée in the United States, he/she must marry the U.S. Citizen within a period of 90 days.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *